Rural Focus, Ltd. has drawn together Kenyan and International expertise to provide professional services covering the planning, technical, institutional and management aspects of water supply and sanitation, water resource management and environmental services.
Rural Focus has adopted an efficient, adaptable, and business oriented approach which is consistent with the Rural Focus philosophy of professional integrity, good governance, innovation and sustainable resource use.
- Professional, experienced, high caliber staff with relevant skills;
- Detailed local knowledge and experience of water supply, sanitation and water resource development in Kenya;
- Credibility among many water sector stakeholder organisations;
- Experience in the application of participatory methodologies in community development;
- International linkages to broaden the collective knowledge and experience;
- Commitment to professional integrity and timely outputs;
- Long term commitment to the water sector reform process in Kenya;
Key Areas of Expertise
Rural Focus provides experience in the following key areas:
- Building water security for communities and commercial enterprises;
- Linking community management water projects with micro-finance institutions;
- Water development and management in arid and semi-arid areas;
- Community based water supply and water resource management;
- Integrated Water Resource Management.
Professional Services Offered
- Surveys, Mapping and Geographic Information Systems;
- Professional engineering design and construction supervision for dams, water supply, irrigation, wastewater and civil infrastructure projects;
- Water Resource Assessment and Management;
- Capacity Building at community and institutional levels;
- Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Project and Programme Management.
Main Area of Operations
Rural Focus Ltd has undertaken projects in Eastern and Southern Africa, but the majority of our assignments have been in Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.
- With offices in Nanyuki and Nairobi, Rural Focus is able to comfortably cover assignments within the Nairobi area.
Rural Focus Ltd was registered as a privately owned limited liability company in 1995.
- Registration Certificate No. C64108 29/03/1995
- PIN Certificate No. P051109307T
- VAT Certificate No. 0110069E
Legal and Ethical Conduct
Rural Focus maintains a track record of full compliance to Kenyan laws including tax laws. Rural Focus does not tolerate or endorse any form of corrupt practice among its staff or directors.
Rural Focus maintains a three pronged approach to Quality Assurance, namely:
- Understanding of the Terms of Reference. Discussions on the Terms of Reference and feedback on the TOR serve to develop a clear and mutual understanding on the TOR. This ensures that the project is focused towards meeting the required TOR;
- Quality Supervision. A project of this nature is undertaken with a team of individuals which requires competent supervision and facilitation;
- Independent Output Review. Project outputs are reviewed by an individual(s) who is not involved in developing the project output. Project outputs are reviewed by a competent person against the Terms of Reference to ensure responsiveness and quality. Providing feedback to clients is also seen as a key part in ensuring the content of the outputs are relevant and accurate.
Rural Focus maintains professional indemnity coverage to provide its clients with a level of cover consistent with each projects.
Rural Focus has not to date instigated any law suits against any clients, associates or third parties. Rural Focus has not been involved in any litigation against it by any client, associate or third party since Rural Focus started operating in 1995.
Rural Focus has not had to make any use of official arbitration to resolve non-legal disputes. Rural Focus has not had any professional liability claim made against it.
Rural Focus maintains all required licenses for the work that it undertakes. The licenses include:
- Registration with Engineers Registration Board;
- Registration with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya;
- Registration with the Ministry of Water and Irrigation;
- Registration with the National Environment Management Authority;
- Business Permit.